The COVID-19 pandemic has caused significant life loss and forced governments to take countermeasures that damaged their economies. Experts warned that this pandemic could reverse decades of progress in combating extreme poverty. The World Bank estimated that an additional 88 to 115 million people fell into extreme poverty in 2020 due to COVID-19 and that many more would follow in 2021.
Cutting poverty and raising the income of the lower and middle-class sound a big deal to individuals but actually, each of us can join the fight against poverty all over the world with a little effort daily by saving food and beverage, giving to charity, or support people in need around us. Simple deeds every day from each and everyone could make a way big difference.
- Benefits we might get when doing charity
- Activities for charity fundraising
- 10 free charity stock photos for blogs and NGO organisations
Reasons why we should do charity
Doing charity, the same as doing good things, makes us feel better, decreases stress, and promotes mental health. In addition, giving others a helping hand will boost productivity at work and strengthen one’s social relationship. According to a study from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, those who help others are happier at work than those who don’t prioritize helping others. You might not believe in this but researchers from the University of Buffalo also found that doing good can increase life expectancy. Once you do good things, you want to do it again and again.
Activities to raise funds for charity
There are hundreds of practices to raise charity funds out there. We will list out some of the popular ones that can be implemented during the pandemic.
- Livestream events: It would be ideal if the livestream can be embedded t direct to a platform so that viewers could watch and donate all in one place.
- Online challenge events: It might be 100 days reform challenging or a virtual marathon contest within 5 days or a month. The more creative you are, the more interested participants will be, and of course the more surprised results you can get.
- One-day online fundraiser: This activity is suitable for the organizations whose budget or timeframe is limited. How much do you think you can
- Holiday online fundraiser: Many families purchase goods and items during the holidays at the store, but they’ll be willing to buy them from charity organization for good cause.
10 free charity stock photos from photoAC
As an advocate of the fight against poverty and a charity enthusiast, photoAC introduces 10 charity stock photos that can be downloaded at no cost and used for personal and commercial purposes.
photoAC – ACworks