Getting married is undoubtedly one of the happiest moments in anyone’s life. However, preparing for a wedding might be frustrated and expensive to some extents. Among many on the to do list, you might want to keep the cost of your wedding invitations down or you might want to make it yourself with a wish to add more of your personal touch. Luckily, you don’t need to be a professional designer to do so. In this article, you will know how to design a wedding invitation from scratch.
Steps to design a wedding invitation
- Pick shapes and dimensions: Let start by choosing the right layout and sizes. Hereafters are some of common sizes you might want to know:
|CARD DIMENSION (IN)
|ENVELOPE DIMENSION (IN)
|A6 – Compact
|4.5 x 6.25
|4.75 x 6.5
|A7 – Standard
|5 x 7
|5.25 x 7.25
|5 x 5
|5.25 x 5.25
|4 x 9.25
|4.25 x 9.5
|6 x 8
|6.25 x 8.25
|A10 – Large
|5.75 x 9.25
|6 x 9.5
- Consider your location: Thinking about your wedding venue and how your party will be held can help guide the overall theme and design of your invites. It might be traditional and romantic; it might also be rustic and natural. After choosing the right sizes, if you don’t know how to continue, then consider your location atmosphere will give you excellent hints to set the scene.
- Choose ”sweet” fonts: You might want your designs look romantic and elegant. The combination of cursive or calligraphy fonts with a serif font would be great choices for your designs.
- Choose colors: Undoubtedly, color scheme has a great impact on the overall look and feel of your design. You can search for a variety of wedding color palette suggestions on the Internet. You might see color harmonies here. One of the most popular combination colors is using green with gold or rust to trigger calming and energizing feel.
- Add other design elements: Depending on your purposes, you might want your invitations to have different look and feel. Imagery is a good choice to have a unique and personal taste. In the other hand, watercolor elements are great for traditional and natural feels. Try with many versions and combinations to have your perfect one.
RSVP and Thank you card templates
In addition to wedding invitations, you might want to include RSVP and Thank you card to your wedding card package. Here are some templates from ediorAC, which allow you to customize, download and print.
editorAC – ACworks